Job Title: Kwanalu Land Desk Manager
The KwaZulu-Natal Agricultural Union (Kwanalu), which represents commercial and emerging farmers, and commodity organisations in KZN, is seeking to employ a young, self-driven and dynamic individual to fulfil a position in a newly created role relating to its Land Desk.
You will be required to provide support to Kwanalu’s Board of Governors and its broader membership with regard to land issues which may include, inter-alia, protection of property and land rights, property and land reform law, facilitation and assistance to members in respect of identifying and formulating solutions relating to land reform issues, relevant policy and legislation pertaining thereto, as well, with programmes relating to rural economic development and land projects within the agricultural sector.
Kwanalu is seeking a well-rounded and ethical person who has a thorough understanding of landholding complexities, legislation relating to land, rural economic development, solid facilitation, networking and negotiation skills, and is proficient in English, Zulu and Afrikaans languages, coupled with good report writing skills. Your own vehicle is required.
The initial position is based on a 12-month fixed term contract with a competitive market-related salary.
- Administrative Support
- Support and assistance in respect of stakeholder engagement
- Legal research and review
- Assist with the preparation of policy positions and commentary on legislation pertaining to the jobs core requirements.
Desired qualifications and strengths:
- LLB degree or relevant qualification (admission as an attorney would be an added advantage)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Your own vehicle is required
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of the South African legal framework relating to property / land reform law.
- Strong ability to relate to and engage with, a variety of different stakeholders
- Be motivated, proactive, reliable, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
To apply please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Including 3 current references
The closing date for applications is: 23 September 2019.
You will be contacted if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 4 weeks.
*DISCLAIMER* The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the candidate, but to be used as a guideline. Kwanalu reserves the right not to make an appointment.