The National Minimum Wage Bill was released in Government Gazette, 41257. The legislation is now open for public comment.
The bill provides for a national minimum wage:
- To establish the national minimum wage commission
- To provide for the composition and functions of the national minimum wage commission
- To provide for the review and annual adjustment of the national minimum wage
- To provide for exemption from paying the national minimum wage
- To provide for transitional provision in respect of farm workers and domestic workers and
- To provide for matters connected herewith.
Should you wish to provide comments, recommendations etc. please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Tuesday 28 November 2017. (note the timeframe for commentary is extremely short).