National Veld and Forest Fire Amendment Bill
Public hearings for the National Veld and Forest Fire Amendment Bill (NVFFAB) to be held by the Portfolio Committee on Environment, Forestry and Fisheries have been scheduled.
The purpose of the NVFFAB is to:
- Amend and insert certain definitions;
- Provide for the facilitation of the formation of fire protection associations by a municipality or a traditional council;
- Compel a municipality, state-owned enterprise, public entity or other organs of state that own land to join the fire protection associations;
- Extend the powers of entry, search, seizure and arrest to peace officers and traditional leaders; and
- Amend the title of the Act to the National Veldfire Act; and to provide for matter connected therewith.
For the dates of the hearings and the draft bill click here:
KWAZULU NATAL PROVINCE: 12 – 17 JULY 2022
|DATE||DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY||LOCAL MUNICIPALITY||TIME|
|Tuesday, 12 July 2022||Zululand District||AbaQulusi Local||10:00 – 14:00|
|Wednesday, 13 July 2022||King Cetshwayo District||uMfolozi Local Municipality||10:00 – 14:00|
|Thursday, 14 July 2022||Harry Gwala District||Ingwe Local Municipality||10:00 – 14:00|