The NCOP has called for comment on the LCB which was passed by the NA and sent to the NCOP for concurrence.
The bill aims to:
- provide for the establishment of a Land Court and appeals against decisions of the Land Court;
- make provision for the administration and judicial functions of the Land Court;
- provide for the concurrent jurisdiction of the Land Court and Magistrates’ Courts for certain land related matters;
- provide for mediation procedures;
- amend certain laws relating to the adjudication of land matters by other courts; and provide for matters connected therewith.
Kwanalu and Agri SA have made significant submission to date, we have seen some changes effected, however, there are still concerns coupled with the Expropriation Bill which must be addressed and stopped.
Please submit inputs to Kwanalu: email. email@example.com
Comments can also be sent to: LandCourtBill11Bof2021@parliament.gov.za by no later than 4 November 2022.
Click here for the bill: B11B-2021_Land_Court