AMENDMENT OF DIRECTIVE BY THE MINISTER OF EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR
IN TERMS OF REGULATION 10 (8) OF THE REGULATIONS ISSUED BY THE
MINISTER OF COOPERATIVE GOVERNANCE AND TRADITIONAL AFFAIRS IN
TERMS OF SECTION 27 (2) OF THE DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT, 2002 (ACT NO.
57 OF 2002)
Temporary Employer/Employee Relief Scheme (TERS).
Business for SA (B4SA), the grouping representing all major South African business organisations in respect of the COVID-19 disaster, has welcomed the agreement finalised between government, business and labour at Nedlac on the Temporary Employer/Employee Relief Scheme (TERS). The notices based on the agreement have been signed by Employment and Labour Minister Thulas Nxesi and await imminent gazetting.
The TERS will be funded through accumulated reserves of the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) administered by the Department of Employment and Labour (DEL), and operates in terms of a revised directive issued by the Minister of Employment and Labour on 4 April.
In addition, the benefits are subject to the terms of the memorandum of understanding or standard terms, which have also been published. Benefits are available to all employees who are, along with their employers, contributors to the UIF where the employer has closed its operations, or part of its operations, as a direct result of the Covid-19 pandemic, and where an employee has suffered, or will suffer, a loss of earnings. The amount of the benefit will be based on a sliding scale amounting to 38% to 60% of earnings.
Kwanalu has now received relevant information for use:
- BforSA TERS media release 2020-04-06 BforSA TERS MEDIA RELEASE
- TERS benefit summary 202004-06 TERS benefit_summary_030420 (1)
- TERS vrae en antwoorde
- Generic Employer MOA 200403 Final Draft Generic Employer MOA
- Bargaining council MOA for councils that can pay benefits directly to employees Bargaining Council MOA B.docx (councils that can pay benefit directly to employees)
- MOA for councils that pay benefits directly bargaining council MOA C.docx (councils that cannot pay benefits directly)
- Government Gazette 43216_08-04_Labour.pdf