This post is for the use of Kwanalu Members only.
1. New Regulations_L3 released 290520
New additional regulations relating to the national COVID-19 disaster declared on 15 March have been released. The regulations are based on a level 3 risk-adjusted strategy published on 280520, the regulations will be enforced from 1 June 2020.
Please take note of a few relevant points:
• A cloth face mask (or appropriate covering for nose and mouth) is mandatory when in a public place including public transport, building or premises.
• Movement of persons – People may only leave their houses to perform services as permitted by the regulations
• When performing an essential service such person must be in possession of a permit issued by the employer which corresponds with form 2 of Annexure A (as contained in level 4 regulations)
Extract: 33(4) Movement of persons between provinces, metropolitan areas and districts and hotspots is prohibited except for-
(a) persons doing so in the course of carrying out work responsibilities or performing any service permitted under Alert Level 3, provided that such person is in possession of a permit issued by the employer which corresponds with Form 2 of Annexure A (ie. the current permit remains in place)
• When a gathering takes place in terms of the regulation’s health protocols and social distancing measures must be adhered to.
• All gatherings are prohibited except – Agricultural auctions subject to directions
• Prohibition on evictions – A person may not be evicted from his or her land or home during the period of Alert Level 3.
• Public transport – The Minister of Transport will issue directions on how public transport will operate during level 3.
Please click here for the regulations: 43364_28-5_Cogta sv compressed