The KZN leg of the Expropriation Bill hearings are planned for 20-23 May 2021 – see full details below.
Kwanalu and Agri SA have submitted and presented significant inputs regarding the Expropriation Bill.
Kwanalu has categorically stated that it does NOT support the Expropriation Bill in its current form.
Feedback received from other provinces regarding the hearings has been varied, to assist in the preparation for attendance, herewith some pointers:
- Due to Covid related reasons members are advised to participate with caution.
- Arrive early.
- Take your ID or Drivers Licence with for registration.
- Spread to the left and right and do not sit together (100 persons max in the room)
- Be prepared to stand in the queue for some time (This could take up to a few hours)
- 10 people in – 10 people out rule is applied.
- Please remember to address the Chairperson and not the Public.
- You will only be allowed 3 minutes and no more.
- Try and share inputs amongst yourselves to ensure your key inputs are presented.
- For those who are fluent in African languages use it (Generally people will keep quiet and listen)
- Concerns have been expressed that at this stage there does not appear to be any new arguments other than those presented in writing, orally or to parliament and the opportunity to present inputs are limited during the hearings.
- Keep calm.