DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LAND REFORM AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: COVID-19 AGRICULTURAL DISASTER SUPPORT FUND FOR SMALLHOLDER AND COMMUNAL FARMERS
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development hereby calls for applications from small holder farmers/producers who are currently in production and preparing for winter crops.
The main objective of this support is to complete the current production cycle in an effort to ensure adequate food production and supplies. The targeted beneficiaries are smallholder and communal producers with a turnover between R20 000 and R1 million per annum. 50% women, 40% youth and 6% people with disability will be targeted. The Funding is a grant and the voucher system will apply in partnership with distributors and manufactures of these inputs and the grant shall not exceed R50 000 per farming operation.
The specific targeted commodities to be supported are the following: (this is guided by the country’s self-sufficiency index)
|Poultry||Day old chicks, Point of lay chickens, feed, medication and sawdust;|
|Vegetables||Seed, Seedlings, fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides and soil correction.
|Fruits||Final spraying programmes for fruits that are ready for harvest.
|Livestock||Feed and medication
|Winter Crops||Soil correction, fertilizer, seeds, herbicides and pesticides.
- Smallholder farmers/producers must have a minimum turnover of R20 000 per annum but not exceeding R1 million. (produce financial records or evidence if financial statement cannot be produced during this lockdown period )
- South African Certified ID copy; not older than 3 months
- Valid confirmation of land tenure/ownership (title deeds, Tribal Resolution, Permission to Occupy, minimum 5 years lease agreement)
- Already farming
- Application form completed
- Farming operation able to create permanent and/or seasonal jobs
- In cases where the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Certificate is necessary for the operations, evidence of such to be provided.
- Proof of access to water for irrigation in case of fruits, vegetables and winter crops (i.e. water license/rights or proof that it had been applied for, borehole or other sources).
- Non-Government Employees
more detail on the selection criteria please visit the respective provincial Department of Agriculture OR national department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development or visit www.dalrrd.gov.za
The applications will be evaluated in line with the agreed selection criteria.
Application forms are available at Both National and Provincial Departments of Agriculture offices as well as at the district and National offices of the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development. DALRRD website: www.dalrrd.gov.za. Completed application forms with the supporting documents must be submitted to the nearest Local. District or Provincial offices of Department of Agriculture or DALRRD offices.
Disclaimer: due to limitation of funds not all qualifying farmers will be funded.
Closing Date for the application is 22 APRIL 2020 by 16h00. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information please contact:
|Province||Official Name||Contact||Email Address|
|DALRRD||Mr. Mooketsa Ramasodi
Mrs. Elder Mtshiza
|083 230 3326
076 940 4502
|DALRRD||Mr. Terries Ndove
Mr. Rirhandzu Shilote
|060 564 0317
082 577 5612
|Eastern Cape||Mr. Sbusiso Nongwanya
Ms Dudu Nghona
|083 536 9119
082 577 5622
|Free State||Ms. Mangi Ramabenyane
Ms. Petrus Minne
|082 907 0544
082 827 0644
|Gauteng||Ms. Matilda Gasela
Ms. Rachel Masango
|071 484 9122
082 577 5581
|KwaZulu Natal||Mr. Siza Sibande
Mr Nhlanhla Mndaweni
|071 686 8158
082 888 6282
Mr. Mathume Matlala
|083 451 1056
071 682 0071
|Mpumalanga||Mr. L.S Monareng
Ms. Zanele Sihlangu
|082 901 2716
082 969 8672
|Northern Cape||Ms. Nyakallo Moletsane
Mr. Kgotso Moeketsi
|083 456 6153
082 947 5612
|North West||Mr. Mabiletsa
Mr. Richard Keothaile
|072 202 2863/0727862169
076 520 7291
|Western Cape||Dr. Mogale Sebopetsa
Mr. Zonwabele Bastile
|082 458 5291
083 261 3790