- New Regulations released 11 July 2021 – Adjusted Alert level 4
New regulations relating to the national COVID-19 disaster declared on 15 March 2020 extended by numerous gazettes and amended by Gazette no 44838 dated July 2021 now provides for an adjusted alert level 4. The adjusted alert level 4 will apply nationally until 25 July 2021.
Please click here for the new regulations and permit template:
Please take note of the following:
- Restaurants and other in-house dining facilities is limited to 50 people of less or 50% capacity.
- Gatherings at agricultural and game auctions are allowed subject to health and safety protocols. Directions will be published which set out guidelines.
- Directions on the extension of business licenses and permits expired between 29 May 2020 and 30 June 2021 will be issued.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited for on-site and off site consumption.
Movement of persons:
- The curfew will be in place from 21:00 to 04:00 daily.
- REMINDER – a permit is required to perform a service other than a service related to an activity listed under Table 1 Adj AL4
- Interprovincial travel to and from Gauteng for leisure is prohibited.
- Travel to and from Gauteng is permitted for persons doing so in their course of carrying out work responsibilities or performing any service permitted under this level, provided that such person is in possession of a permit issued by the employer which corresponds with Form 7 of Annexure A.
Closure of schools:
- Schools will remain closed for contact classes until 26 July 2021.