Since its launch in 2004, Facebook has become one of the most popular social networking sites on the Internet. While many of its users are teenagers and young adults, it’s also an excellent way for all “like- minded” people and communities to keep in touch and up-to-date of everything and anything happening in things that interest them.
The Kwanalu FaceBook page is updated daily with information and news of interest to the farming fraternity – so if you want to stay abreast of KZN farmers and do not have a Facebook account, then read on for a step by step guide on how to join Facebook today. If you are already on Facebook, then follow us by clicking the link below and hit the LIKE button to start receiving our posts on your timeline. Please remember to like the posts you find relevant and suggest to your Facebook friends to like our page too – this way we can remind a lot of people every day just how awesome our farmers really are!
Opening an account on Facebook
- Open the Facebook homepage. To do this, go onto the internet and type in www.facebook.co.za. This will take you to the Facebook home page.
- You will need to be at least 13 years old to create a Facebook account. Facebook accounts are free. You can only create one Facebook account per email address.
- On the Facebook homepage, enter in your first name, last name, email address, password, birthday, and gender. You must use your real name for your account. Nicknames are allowed as long as they are a variation on your real name (Jim instead of James, for example).
- Click the “Sign Up” button. If all of your information is correct, you will be sent a verification email to the address you provided.
- Open the verification email. It may take a few minutes for the email to get delivered. Click the link in the email to activate your account.
Setting Up Your Profile
- Add a profile picture. The first thing you should do after creating an account is add a profile picture. This will allow others to quickly see who you are.
- Add friends. Facebook is nothing if you don’t have friends and family to share with. You can search for people by their name or email, import your contact lists, and invite friends that aren’t currently using Facebook.
- When you find someone that you want to add, you will need to send a friend invite. Once they accept your invitation, that person will be added to your Friends list.
- Manage your privacy settings. There are countless horror stories of people posting things that they don’t want others to see, or losing a job because of something controversial they shared. Take some time to set up your privacy settings to prevent the wrong people from seeing what you post.
- Share and post. You can post to your own timeline or post to your friends’ timelines. You can also share content from elsewhere on the internet, including links, images, and videos.
- Type in Kwanalu and once you find our page click like and you will immediately start receiving our posts on your timeline.
- Upload photos. Facebook allows you to upload your photos to post to your profile and share with friends and family. You can upload single photos or organize your photos into albums.
- When you are ready, search for Kwanalu’s Facebook page by typing “Kwanalu” into the search engine at the top of the page or simply click on this link https://www.facebook.com/kwanalu. Once you are on our page hit the LIKE button and you will automatically become one our friends.