The Basic Conditions of Employment Amendment Bill was released in Government Gazette, 41257. The legislation is now open for public comment.
The BCE amendment bill provides for:
- So as, to substitute and insert certain definitions
- To provide for daily wage payments applicable to certain employees
- To repeal the provisions dealing with sectoral determinations and the Employment Conditions Commissions
- To extend the jurisdiction of the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration
- To extend the provisions for monitoring and enforcement by the labour inspector
- To include enforcement of the provisions of the National Minimum Wage Act, 2017, the Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act, 2002
- To provide for claims for underpayment
- To provide for transitional arrangements
- To regulate sectoral determinations currently in force
- To strengthen collective bargaining in respect of the sectors regulated by those determinations and,
- To provide for matters connected herewith.
Should you wish to provide comments, recommendations etc. please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Tuesday 28 November 2017. (note the timeframe for commentary is extremely short).